Monday, March 14, 2011

March 13

Num 19:1-20:29; Luke 1:1-25; PS 56:1-13; PR 11:8

Luke 1:1-25  It's kind of interesting the way Luke starts his account of the gospel.  The story of Zacharius instead of Jesus.  That's what I love about the gospels. Even though they contain so much of the same...each has it's own details.  This account fascinates me.  First of all, have you ever noticed the first thing angels say when they appear to someone? "Fear not." Apparently if you ever encounter an angel, it'll freak you out!  Then Gabriel shows that he don't mess around. He delivers his message about them having a kid and Zacharius asks how this could be possible because his wife is "advanced in year."  Try that one on your wives guys.   Gabriels response?  I'm an angel dude...I was sent from God...why would you question that your wife could become pregnant when you're looking at and having a conversation with an angel?  (My paraphrase)  Then he makes Zacharius mute because he asked a stupid question.  Can you imagine if God made us mute everytime we doubted Him and asked questions we should already know the answers to?  The world would be a much quieter place I think.  Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? I think that's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment