Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14

Num 21:1-22:20; Luke 1:26-56; PS 57:1-11; PR 11:9-11

Num 21:4-9
Yet again the people complain about what they always complain about. They attack God, they attack Moses and what are the results. Death.  Always death. And people wonder why they had to wander around for 40 years. It seems they were slow learners.  God acts swiftly because He cannot allow rebellion to go unpunished.  It struck me today when I read this...the answer to the people getting bitten by snakes was for Moses to build a snake and if people looked at this bronze snake they were spared.  It struck me though that it doesn't say everyone did this, just that the ones that looked "lived." I don't know, it leads me to beleive that even in the midst of death, people still didn't listen and obey the word of God passed down through Moses. In this case they could see that it was working right in front of them and yet...only the ones that looked were spared. How many looked the other way and died. Makes me look at my own life and wonder if there are things God knows will lead to my spiritual death.  He's given me the cross of Jesus to look at as salvation but how often do I look to other things or run around in pain having been bitten by "serpent" that is sin in my life.  I'm dying inside but won't do what it takes to gain salvation from the pain.  God help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment