Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 19

Gen 39:1-41:16; Matt 12:46-13:23; PS 17:1-15; PR 3:33-35

GE 39 - One thing I notice about this chapter is that it begins and ends with these words; "The Lord was with Joseph."  Verse 2 and verse 23 are bookends on this chapter of Joseph's life.  In between we see a man trying his hardest to live his life honorable before God and yet he gets thrown in prison. Sometimes the road to our dreams are paved with hardships but I think it's important to note that no matter how bad our situation seems at times, it doesn't mean that the Lord is not with us. Everything Joseph touched turned to gold, he was highly blessed.  We don't always understand why bad things happen to good people but we lived in a sinful world and the devil doesn't want us to prosper.  Hold onto your faith and know that the Lord is always with you.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness. Just as David prayed we should all strive for righteousness, to be like him. We might be created in his image but our hearts, minds, words are far from it. We will never be on his level, but I feel we can get closer. Let's be mindful of our words, our actions against each other, lets pray to have a heart like his. Lets pray to one day awake in his likeness!

    ReplyDelete