Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24

GE 48-49; MT 15:29-16:12; PS 20; PR 4:20-27

GE 48 - There was so much emphasis place on the rights given to the first born child back then.  Joseph became so upset when his father gave the greater blessing to his younger son.  I was thinking about that and what struck me is that in today's society we'd probably think, "what's the big deal?" The crazy old man probably just got confused, it's not that important anyway.  We have lost the understanding of how much power there is in our words.  We have the power to speak blessings and curses. Remember that the next time you pray for your kids or anyone else for that matter.   It made me think of my own dad. I talk to him from time to time and he tells me how he prays for me, Joy and our kids. He talks to me about the prayers he prays for my sister and brother-in-law and their kids.  Each person has something specific he is praying and speaking over them.  It just reminded me of how blessed I am to have the parents I have.

GE 49 - Could you imagine standing in that room as your father tells you what kind of future he sees for you?  Just a side note that may be of interest. Jesus lineage is traced back to Judah. Go back and see what his dad said about him.

PS 20:7 - Some people try to find strength in themselves. They try to force their way through life. Just as in that day a kingdom was as great as it's army. But when we trust in the Lord, He will raise us up.

PR 4:23-27        These are some challenging verses.
23 - "Keep your heart...for out of it springs the issues of life."  What am I allowing to be in my heart? What's closest to my heart will determine what happens in my life. 
24 - What am I saying? Am I honest...about everything?  Do I commit sin with my mouth?  Beyond cussing and dirty jokes. Do I gossip, attack people with my words, or speak negativity?
25 - What am I looking at? Do I see things, people, or tasks through God's eyes?
26/27 - Am I thinking about where I am going?  Am I letting God lead me?
Really...Honestly...How do we answer these questions?

1 comment:

  1. Genesis 49:1-28
    Jacob is dying and gathers all his family for his last words. Notice the prophetic blessing on Judah! VS 8-12 Judah, you are he whom your brothers shall praise; your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies; your father's children shall bow down before you. Judah is a lions whelp; from the prey, my son you have gone up. He bows down, he lies down as a lion; and as a lion who shall rouse him? The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, UNTIL SHILOH COMES; AND TO HIM SHALL BE THE OBEDIENCE OF THE PEOPLE. Binding his donkey to the vine, and his donkeys colt to the choice vine, he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes. His eyes are darker than wine, and his teeth whiter than milk.

    Jacob was predicting that a royal line would come from Judahs descendants. How cool is that! Until Shiloh comes..... Who is Shiloh? The Messiah! Shiloh is the man of rest, or the giver of rest! Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
    I know this prophetic blessing was not only for Judah's ears but for mine as well! Shiloh has come! My salvation has come! My rest has come! All authority belings to HIM!!!!
    I love reading the old testament and seeing JESUS everywhere....

    ReplyDelete