Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 26

Ex 2:11-3:22; Matt 17:10-27; PS 22:1-18; PR 5:7-14

EX 2:23-25 - The significance of the King of Egypt dying is that now Moses could return and not be afraid of the death penalty.  At that time when the King died the authorities would drop all pending cases.
Now the king's death did not make anything easier for the Israelites.  They began to cry out to God because of the bondage they were under in Egypt.  What was the covenant that God had made to Abraham, Issac and Jacob? To bring their families to a land flowing with milk and honey. It was time for God to carry out His promise.

EX 3 - Have you ever wondered, "Why a burning bush?" What would God have done if Moses just tucked tail and ran away from that bush on fire?  I like how God knows how to get our attention.

From verse 11 on, this part of Moses' story becomes very personal to me. When I first started in ministry I had a lot of insecurities.  I didn't feel like I was prepared to do what God was asking me to do.  Then I read this story and a lot of the questions Moses had were the same as the ones I had.  Starting with "who am I" to go do what you want me to do.  I can't tell you the number of times I've thought that.  Who am I God? Why would you choose me?  Then suddenly the tone of the question changed for me.  It suddenly went from insecurity to wonder.  Who am I?  And yet you still chose me...Thank you.  His answer to Moses became His answer to me as well. God said, "I will certainly be with you."  How awesome is that?  It's very awesome.
Secondly, Moses says I'm a nobody.  What if they won't listen to me?  God's answer...Tell them I AM has sent you.  Greatest revelation I ever got came right here.  God's name is I AM!  For everything I am not, God says, "I AM."  I don't care who you are, that's just awesome.  I don't have to be great because God is great.  Take that and run with it...I did.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Im running a few days behind in my reading so I was trying to read fast and catch up. I almost missed the depth of the profound psalm!! I will take this as a warning to slow down.
    Psalm 22 David speaks about all his distress and suffering, but the amazing part I almost missed was the prophetic description of Jesus crucifixtion and resurrection!
    Vs 1 MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME
    VS 15 MY TONGUE CLINGS TO MY JAWS
    VS 16 THEY PIERCED MY HANDS AND MY FEET; I CAN COUNT ALL MY BONES.
    VS 18 THEY DIVIDE MY GARMENTS AMONG THEM, AND FOR MY CLOTHING THEY CAST LOTS.
    Maybe its just me but I found this absolutly fascinating! My commentary says it was a 1,000 year difference in David's writing an Jesus crucifixtion. That is only the work of the HOLY SPIRIT!
    Im sure David must understand what Paul wrote.....that we share in His sufferings.
    Ok, that's it for me today. I just had to post a little something about it. Please go back and read it again if you missed it!

    ReplyDelete