Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 31

Ex 12:14-13:17; Matt 20:29-21:22; PS 25:12-22; PR 6:12-15


PR - I found these verses really interesting.  A worthless person...kinda makes it pretty plain what kind of person we're talking about it doesn't it?  "A perverse mouth" is someone who lies all the time.  The have "fraud" in their heart all the time.  They are constantly trying to do wrong, they always are creating disunity among the people around them.  Does this sound like anyone you know? More importantly, does it sound like you?  I'm really finding as I read through the bible, the most important thing I can do is not to assume everything I read is about someone else. We have a tendency to want to believe all the blessings are for us, but all this "wicked" stuff is about someone else. I'm finding myself asking some really honest questions.  Why?  Because of verse 15..."his calamity will come suddenly."  We can get so blinded by the wickedness in our hearts that we'll never see our destruction coming.  I believe this doesn't only speak of physical destruction but also spiritual.  Be honest with yourself because God is being honest with you.

MT 20:29-34     I love this short little story tucked in at the end of this chapter.  These two blind men hear that Jesus is walking by and they call out to Him. Everyone tells them to shut up, but they continue to call out to Him. He comes to them and heals their eyes.  What I love about this story is the fact that these men wouldn't let others get in the way of their miracle.  Sometimes we have a tendency to let others distract us from what we believe God can do in our lives.  We truly believe that God could do miracles but as we call out to Him it seems like doubters pop up around us to tell us that we just need to sit down and shut up and quit wasting our time.  NEVER let anyone tell you to stop asking God for a miracle.  He is able and He is willing to act.  I heard someone say this today; "If you have the audacity to ask, God has the ability to act."  Love it!

MT 21:21-22  I just thought this kind of tied into the thought I wrote about above.  "If you have faith and do not doubt..."  Prayer without doubt has the power to move mountains.  You may not ever need to move a physical mountain, but I'm betting there are some pretty big things in your life that you feel like are hindering you from going where you are trying to go in life.  Speak to that mountain in faith and believe that God will remove it.  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment