Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7

Guys I'm running a little late today but I will be posting when I get home tonight. Feel free to beat me to it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Alright I'm a little late but I'm going to get this in before midnight, so technically I didn't miss a day.
Genesis 16-18:19; Matthew 6:1-24; Psalm 7; Proverbs 2:1-5

Proverbs
How laid back are we about really truly seeking out God's word and knowledge?  Listen to the words in this passage of scripture: "recieve", "treasure", "incline your ear", "apply your heart", "cry out", "lift up your voice", "seek", "search"..."Then you will understand the fear of the Lord."  Those words imply really setting your entire mind, spirit, soul and body to seeking after God. Remember that word "fear" means to have reverence for God.  We can say we depend on God. We can say we ask Him for direction. But can you really honestly say that on a daily basis those words can describe your relationship with God in the everyday aspects of your life?  I can honestly say, it doesn't sound like me all the time but it really convicts me. I want to be able to speak with that kind of conviction.  We can't continue to say we reverence God and not "incline our ear to wisdom."


Genesis 16:5 - Notice in the verses leading up to this that it was Sarai's idea for Abram to go sleep with her servant. And it was her idea for Hagar to go in there with Abram.  Then all of a sudden when they go through with it, she turns to Abram and says; "my wrong be upon you."  How is it that we blame other people for our decisions?  Yes, Abram should have said no to his wife's request and Yes he and Hagar had a choice in the matter.  But she started them down that path. I don't know, I just found that interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment